Just Five Things, a list of simple actions that can enhance your publishing career. One tip for each day of the week related to every aspect of publishing from time management to marketing to writing.
- Be intentional about your marketing. Don’t invest resources in a promotional activity just because everyone else is doing it.
2. Be proactive instead of reactive. (Reactive = responding after something happens; Proactive = preparing a course of action before something occurs.)
3. Be willing to invest time, money and energy in promotion and marketing.
4. Educate yourself about marketing and promotion. Ignorance leads to poor decision making and reflects lack of ownership of your success.
5. Recognize that effective marketing is cumulative. Don’t expect instantaneous results.
See you next week for another list of Just Five Things.
If you have a tip to share or need help with a challenge, email me at myauthorconcierge@.