Just Five Things, a list of simple actions that can enhance your publishing career. One tip for each day of the week related to every aspect of publishing from time management to marketing to writing.
1. Ask your cover designer to provide files (usually a png or jpg) for the book’s stylized title and your name. Make sure they are on a transparent background. You can overlay these on ads, teasers, etc.
2. Resize your book cover jpg so you can provide the correct size for ads or promotions. Commonly used dimensions are 200×300, 600×900 and 1400×2100.
3. Ask your cover designer to provide a 2-D (flat) version and a 3-D version of your book cover. Each has different uses.
4. Ask your cover designer to provide a high-resolution jpg of your book cover without the text (title, author name, cover quotes). You can use the image or parts of the image to create backgrounds for teasers, social media banners, etc.
5. Make sure you know the name of the font used for your book cover text elements. You may want to use the same font when creating promotional graphics.
See you next week for another list of Just Five Things.
If you have a tip to share or need help with a challenge, email me at myauthorconcierge@.