Just Five Things, a list of simple actions that can enhance your publishing career. One tip for each day of the week related to every aspect of publishing from time management to marketing to writing.
Saturday, May 21, 2016, is the second annual National Readathon Day, sponsored by Penguin Random House and the American Library Association. This is an awesome marketing opportunity for authors. Read on for tips.
1. Host a reading party for your review crew or street team. Send “invitations,” create graphics for your blog or social media channels, develop content to foster engagement such as questions related to reading, inviting recommendations, etc.
2. Donate 5, 10 or 50 copies of your book (digital is easiest and least expensive) to new readers so they can participate in your sponsored Readathon event.
3. Share information about National Readathon Day in your newsletter or on your blog. FAQs are available on the Readathon Day website.
4. Invite readers, fans, friends and fellow authors to donate to #Readathon2016. The American Library Association uses funds for its Every Child Ready to Read program. Match donations (up to a set amount) to encourage generous giving.
5. Get pictures of National Readathon Day activities to post on social media. Photo themes: great places to curl up with a book, people reading your book, favorite snacks when reading, pair wine and books, favorite opening line or pets and books.
Reminder: Tag your marketing messages with the official event hashtag: #Readathon2016
See you next week for another list of Just Five Things.
If you have a tip to share or need help with a challenge, email me at myauthorconcierge@.