Just Five Things, a list of simple actions that can enhance your publishing career. One tip for each day of the week related to every aspect of publishing from time management to marketing to writing.
1. Authors need a website (or blog or landing page) so readers can find them on the internet.
2. A website serves as “Grand Central” for authors. All others resources, such as bookmarks, swag and social media, should redirect readers and fans back to your central hub (website).
3. A well-organized website will provide information commonly needed by readers, fans, media and marketers: bio, book list, reading order of series, new releases, career accomplishments, etc.
4. Websites are the internet-version of business cards so they should include contact information and other online profiles, such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
5. Websites give authors autonomy over content vs. having to abide by the rules and regulations of social media sites or internet “real estate” owned by another individual/organization.
See you next week for another list of Just Five Things.
If you have a tip to share or need help with a challenge, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.