Just Five Things, a list of simple actions that can enhance your publishing career. One tip for each day of the week related to every aspect of publishing from time management to marketing to writing.
1. Establish an engaging, interactive online presence that reflects your brand, service, product, business, etc.
2. Identify professionals peers who share your target audience and connect with them on social media. Like them on Facebook, follow them on Twitter, subscribe to their newsletters/blogs.
3. Create a list of 10-20 most influential contacts and engage with them on a daily or weekly basis by making thoughtful comments and sharing their content.
4. Send a personal email or message to individuals when you’ve found their information or expertise helpful. Be sure to include your credentials as a subtle invitation to cross-promote and/or network with you.
5. Create profiles at social networking sites such as LinkedIn, but also those specific to your industry.
See you next week for another list of Just Five Things.
If you have a tip to share or need help with a challenge, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.