Just Five Things, a list of simple actions that can enhance your publishing career. One tip for each day of the week related to every aspect of publishing from time management to marketing to writing.
1. Track your word count and then calculate the average hourly rate. Knowing how long it takes you to write a book will allow you to create realistic deadlines.
2. Batch similar tasks such as posting on social media or responding to emails, etc.
3. Identify tasks that can be accomplished in short bursts of time or while away from your desk, such as editing pages, making phone calls, etc.
4. Disconnect from the internet to eliminate interruptions and the temptation to constantly check your email/social media. This makes it easier to focus 100 percent of your attention on the task at hand.
5. Use a timer to keep you on schedule. Another focus enhancement strategy so you aren’t clock-watching or stressing about missing an appointment.
See you next week for another list of Just Five Things.
If you have a tip to share or need help with a challenge, email me at email@example.com.